This ULTIMATE version of the Health Journalism Basics for Nurses workshop walks you step-by-step through the process of ideating, pitching, reporting, and writing a sample health article so you gain a strong understanding of the process – and can immediately replicate it to begin pitching and selling real articles to editors.
It also includes these bonuses:
- Four half-hour coaching sessions to get my one-on-one help and guidance
- Assignments to turn in for personalized feedback
- The potential opportunity (upon workshop completion) to work with allnurses.com editorial staff to create paid content and obtain your first professional work samples!
The workshop is divided into five in-depth lessons that explain and demystify all the major parts of the freelance journalism process:
- Ideation: How to identify and develop salable story ideas any editor will be eager to buy + an assignment that has you submit to me some article ideas for my feedback to help you strengthen them even further, so a real editor will be eager to buy them!
- Pitching: The art of writing a query letter that sells your article idea + an assignment that has you send me a sample pitch based on one of the ideas you previously developed
- Assignment: What to do when you receive an assignment letter – and the key details to look for and clarify before you dive into any assignment
- Reporting/Writing: How to find and interview experts, how to identify unbiased secondary sources, and how to put all of your data and information together in an engaging story + an assignment in which you write the sample article you previously pitched to me
- Revising: What to do and how to behave when editors send you revision requests (which they will)
- Invoicing: The ins and outs of what information an invoice should include, the importance of organizing and tracking your invoices, and more
- Receiving Payment: Don’t just deposit that check in your personal checking account! Learn basic financial management techniques for business
By the time you complete all the lessons and assignments – and work with me one-on-one during our coaching sessions – you should feel confident about immediately starting to pitch article ideas to editors and report/write those stories – and get paid to do it!
You can complete this workshop in your own time, at your own pace, completing the self-study activities as you go. Once you purchase the workshop, you can access it as many times as you’d like!