This PREMIUM version of the workshop includes the same high-quality lessons as the Self-Study version, plus personalized feedback from me on assignments you’ll work through as you complete each lesson.
If you would like even more help and guidance than this Premium workshop offers, check out the Ultimate version – which includes one-on-one coaching, plus the chance to work with allnurses.com to create paid content and get your first professional work samples!
This workshop walks you step-by-step through the process of ideating, pitching, reporting, and writing a sample health article so you gain a strong understanding of the process – and can immediately replicate it to begin pitching and selling real articles to editors.
The workshop is divided into five in-depth lessons that explain and demystify all the major parts of the freelance journalism process:
- Ideation: How to identify and develop salable story ideas any editor will be eager to buy + an assignment that has you send some ideas to me for feedback on whether they’re salable or not – and how to strengthen them so an editor will bite
- Pitching: The art of writing a query letter that sells your article idea + an assignment that has you send me a sample pitch based on one of the ideas you previously submitted
- Assignment: What to do when you receive an assignment letter – and the key details to look for and clarify before you dive into any assignment
- Reporting/Writing: How to find and interview experts, how to identify unbiased secondary sources, and how to put all of your data and information together in an engaging story + an assignment in which you write the article you previously pitched to me
- Revising: What to do and how to behave when editors send you revision requests (which they will)
- Invoicing: The ins and outs of what information an invoice should include, the importance of organizing and tracking your invoices, and more
- Receiving Payment: Don’t just deposit that check in your personal checking account! Learn basic financial management techniques for business
By the time you complete all the lessons and assignments, you should feel confident about immediately starting to pitch article ideas to editors and report/write those stories!
You can complete this workshop in your own time, at your own pace, submitting the assignments whenever you want to receive my feedback. Once you purchase the workshop, you can access it as many times as you’d like!