But nursing school doesn’t prepare you to be a business owner. Licensing, taxation, banking, budgeting – the details required to set up a business can overwhelm you and derail your plans before you ever get started.
This workshop will demystify the business side of freelancing by walking you through all the steps required to create a business entity. The course does not dispense legal or accounting advice – but it will help you connect with the right professionals to give you the advice you need.
In Freelance Business Basics for Nurses, you’ll get a step-by-step guide that teaches you:
- How to research your state and local business licensing requirements
- How to find out your state’s taxation requirements
- Why to register an EIN
- What “quarterly estimated taxes” are – and how to pay them
- Why you absolutely must set up a business checking account
- What business structures you can choose from (sole proprietor, LLC, corporation) – and how to decide which one makes the most sense for you
- Types of business forms your clients will expect you to provide
- How to set up a basic business budget – and why you should
- Bookkeeping and accounting software that can make your life easier
- Which experts to keep on speed dial
…and much more.
By the time you’ve finished this workshop, you should be able to choose a business structure, obtain the various licenses and registrations required by municipal and state authorities, and optimize your business’ financial life – so you can stop stressing about business details and focus on the part of freelancing you love: the writing!
Subscribe to the RN2writer newsletter today to be notified when this workshop launches!